Zachary Quinto says losing Anton Yelchin was one of the "hardest things" to happen to him. The actor tragically lost his life when he was trapped by his own car in a freak accident in Los Angeles last month and his co-star is hopeful the upcoming film 'Star Trek Beyond' will celebrate his "incredible spirit". Speaking to BANG Showbiz at the film's premiere in Leicester Square, London on Tuesday evening (12.07.16), he said: "We pay tribute to him in our own ways all of the time and losing him is one of the hardest things that's happened to any of us. I think this whole thing is so difficult in proximity to that tragedy and it has to be about celebrating Anton and his incredible spirit and the life he lived. "He's gone way too soon but left behind people that are full of love for him and his work. Watching him on screen makes us all feel heartened by knowing that we got to spend some incredible time together." Meanwhile, Simon Pegg previously paid tribute to Anton, admitting he was like a part of his "family". He said: "He should still be here, but we have to make this about Anton now. And we talked about how hard it was gonna be to get out there and bang the drum for this movie when we've lost one of our family. "But for his sake and for his memory we're gonna make it. It's something that we just now have to contend with." And Zachary also recently described Anton's passing as a "devastating loss". He said: "Beautiful, beautiful guy. I don't even know how to talk about it. We already knew this was going to be a bittersweet experience as a result of the loss of Leonard [Nimoy, who died in February 2015]. But this has been absolutely devastating for all of us. I think our goal just has to be to celebrate his incredible life and honour him. It was a terrible loss, not only to us but to audiences and the industry."