Forget that ice cream maker you've never used, this is the simplest way to make your own and is a brilliant way of using up old bananas. Perfectly paired with popcorn to make a guilt free mid-afternoon snack for when it’s getting a bit too hot outside.
Make sure it’s Done Properly: Eat outside, come rain or shine, for that proper summertime feeling.
5-6 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
1 can of coconut milk
2 x PROPERCORN Smooth Peanut and Almond
400g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
100g caster sugar 1 vanilla pod
- Lay the banana on a baking tray and cover with cling film. Place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Slice the vanilla pod in half and scrape the seeds out. Place in the pan, with the pod, strawberries, sugar and water. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer, stirring often.
- Once the strawberries have softened, mash with a fork. If too dry, add some more water and continue cooking for five minutes. Using a sieve, push with a spoon and strain over a bowl. Return to the pan and simmer until the rhubarb has a syrup consistency. Remove from the heat and keep warm or chill to thicken.
- Using a food processer, blitz the PROPERCORN until fine, light and fluffy. Add the frozen banana pieces and coconut milk and whizz until smooth.
- Serve drizzled with the strawberry syrup and a handful of PROPERCORN.