Facebook has removed Donald Trump's "harmful" post in which he claimed children are "almost immune" from the coronavirus.
The social media site deleted the clip for breaking their misinformation policy.
Micro-blogging app Twitter also paused the US President's official campaign until it was removed.
The video was by Fox News and Trump made the misguided comment during a phone interview this week.
Facebook has said it's "false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation."
Trump had said on 'Fox and Friends': "My view is that schools should be open
"If you look at children, children are almost - and I would almost say definitely - but almost immune from this disease."
Before he added that that youngsters "just don't have a problem" and have "much stronger immune systems".
However, Trump's spokeswoman Courtney Parella has defended the world leader and insisted what he said was correct.
In a statement, she said: "The president was stating a fact that children are less susceptible to the coronavirus.
"Another day, another display of Silicon Valley's flagrant bias against this president, where the rules are only enforced in one direction. Social media companies are not the arbiters of truth."
Whilst it's been stated by medical professionals that the virus doesn't infect as many children as adults, it's wrong to state that they are "virtually immune".
The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention carried out a study earlier this year with 2,500 children, and they found that 1 in 5 needed hospital treatment compared with 1 in 3 adults.
In June, Trump - who is planning to ban TikTok from September 15 if the video platform is not bought by a US firm - had one of his tweets labelled as containing "manipulated media".
The app used the warning message for the first time after Trump shared a video of a black child running away from a white child with a fake CNN news logo on it.
The caption read: "Terrified toddler runs from racist baby."
Trump branded CNN "fake news" in the clip.
The site had previously hid another controversial Trump tweet, saying the post violated its rules about glorifying violence.
Speaking in reference to the recent riots in the US, Trump said: "When the looting starts, the shooting starts."
But the message was hidden behind a warning that read: "Twitter has determined that it may be in the public's interest for the Tweet to remain accessible."
By contrast, Facebook had decided against censoring the post.
Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg subsequently admitted: "How to handle this post from the president has been very tough.
"It's been something that I've been struggling with basically all day, ever since I woke up ... This has been personally pretty wrenching for me."
tagged in Donald Trump