For all budding romantics here are some last minute ideas that will provide a boost to your 'loving' side this Valentines day.
Asda exclusive Aphrodisiacs range to help people share more love this Valentine’s Day
With over a quarter of Brits admit their love life is lack lustre (28%), and one in seven Brits (13%) not believe in romance at all this from ASDA could come to the rescue
Lest Romantic Cities In The UK
1 Swansea 30%
2 Portsmouth 25%
3 Sheffield 225
4 Worcester 205
5 Aberystwyth 205
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, but it seems cupid needs to flex his bow and arrow, as over a quarter of Brits (28%) admit their love life is lacking, with one in seven (13%) claiming they don’t believe in romance at all.
New research from Asda reveals that Swansea is the UK city most in need of a loving boost, with two fifths of residents (40%) pining for more romance and excitement from their partners this Valentine’s Day.
To help Swansea residents share more love this Valentine’s Day, Asda has launched a limited-edition Aphrodisiacs range in its Swansea Superstore, featuring products you probably never knew had aphrodisiac qualities, but are perfect for the everyday unromantic.
The range will be easy to find with special stickers attached to products and includes; strawberries, mussels in white wine sauce, heart shaped pepperoni pizza, chocolate chip fudge, Extra Special salmon, pea & samphire fishcakes, Extra Special white chocolate & raspberry cheesecake and more – all guaranteed to get pulses racing.
Dr Christy Fergusson, Food Psychologist and amorous expert has identified what makes the Asda Aphrodisiac range so saucy:
- Growers Selection Red Chillies (£0.50) – Chilli peppers contain capsaicin which increases your circulation, gets the blood pumping and stimulates nerve endings, so you are more sensitive to touch
- Fishmonger’s Selection Mussels in White Wine Sauce (£3.00) – Mussels are packed with minerals such as manganese, iron, selenium and zinc which are all vital for a healthy libido
- Extra Special Belgian Chocolate Truffles (£2.50), Chocolate Chip Fudge (£1.00) and Extra Special White Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake (£2.50) – Chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), the same chemical your brain releases when you fall head over heels in love. This makes chocolate the ultimate aphrodisiac
- Extra Special Asparagus, Tenderstem, Broccoli & Kale Medley (£2.50) – Asparagus is rich in vitamin E which plays a key role in the production of sex hormones in both men and women
- Extra Special 4 Salmon, Pea and Samphire Fishcakes (£3.00) – Salmon is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which are crucial for healthy hormones
- Extra Special Cabernet Sauvignon (£5.00) – Red wine not only helps you to relax it also contains resveratrol, an antioxidant which boosts blood flow and circulation for a night of passion
- Heart Shaped Pepperoni Pizza 10” (£2.60) – Heart shaped foods could help put you in the mood for romance whilst cheese contains ten times as much of the feel-good mood booster phenylethylamine as chocolate
- Growers Selection Ripe & Ready Avocados (£1.75) – Avocados have had an aphrodisiac reputation since the Aztecs. They're packed with good fats and vitamin E which are vital for energy and hormone balance
- Growers Selection Strawberries (£1.50) – Strawberries are high in antioxidants and deliver a hefty dose of vitamin C perfect for promoting blood flow. They're also rich in minerals such magnesium, folate and potassium which support a healthy libido
Dr Christy Fergusson, comments: “If you need a bit of help in the romance department this Valentine’s Day, there are a variety of foods at your fingertips that you may not know contain natural aphrodisiacs – it’s not limited to shellfish and champagne. Asda’s Aphrodisiacs range takes the guess work away with a culinary collection containing proven properties to induce an amorous mood and get you ready for romance with your other half.”
An Asda spokesperson added: “We saw Swansea residents were struggling the most in the romance department and thought the Aphrodisiacs range was the perfect solution. Whether it’s a home cooked meal for two or the perfect treat to gift a special someone, we hope Asda’s Aphrodisiacs range will help share more love this Valentine’s Day.”
The Aphrodisiacs range will be available on selected stickered products in the Asda Swansea Superstore from 13th – 15th February 2017.
tagged in romance