Tears Of Happiness may have only been around for 18 months, but in that time the duo have done an incredible job of making a name for themselves. Combining a number of different genres to really create some infectious material, they’re back with new single Lose This Feeling. To celebrate, we caught up with lead vocalist Bally Me’da to find out a little bit more about the group…
- Lead singer Bally Me’da started his career as a graphic designer and therefore, anything he gets involved in is generally a creative process.
- The duo spent one of their recording sessions in Abbey Road Recording Studios and described it as the “best day of their musical lives”.
- Producer LCamz was a support act for Ja Rule and Kanye West when he first started his musical career.
- Me’da on the other hand was signed to a House Label to write the vocal parts on dance tracks.
- The duo met after Me’da received a parking ticket. The traffic warden turned out to be a musician who records at LCamz’s studio. He made the first introduction and everything has spiralled from there.
- LCamz’s first musical professional experience came as a resident Drum ‘n’ Base DJ.
- Me’da has been writing songs and performing since he was eight.
- The most embarrassing moments are always ones when people recognise you from somewhere and you don’t have a clue who they are.
- Greatest compliment was from Paul Moody of Q Magazine who described us as “the beautiful b*****d children of Depeche Mode and Calvin Harris”.
- The recordings actually came about after Me’da had a relationship breakdown after several years. He channelled his emotions through the vocal booth of LCamz’s studio.
- The greatest thing about the Tears of Happiness project is that we never had any expectations of success and yet 18 months later we have a top 10 hit in the Club Charts. Not bad for a self-release!
- We make music because we love it. Not for fame or fortune. It becomes a very lonely and confusing place if you do it for the wrong reasons.
- Making music every day for other people’s enjoyment and fulfilment is a selfless act.
- There’s no such thing as failure, just the next chapter. So if you feel yourself falling, fall forwards!
- Keep loving and in turn you’ll keep living!
Tears of Happiness have release their brilliant new single Lose This Feeling, available now.