Following our premiere of the music video for their brilliant new single Ice Cream Man, we got back in touch with Sam and the Womp to find out a little bit more about them, and get them to let our readers in on 15 things they'd like all fans - old and new - to know about them! Read on to see what they had to reveal...
- Our first gig was under the name Qdos in Camden in 2009!
- Bloom started off with the band as a dancing banana and even had her own fan club!
- Bom Bom was initially released as a live instrumental in 2010, 2 years before it topped the charts! It was first played on BBC radio 3 !
- Sam's cousin Daniel Griffiths is part of the band and has been producing music with us for the last 4 years.
- Bloom played all the festivals last year pregnant and even performed the day before giving birth!
- We have played Glastonbury twice and are hoping to play again next year
- We have an amazing Ice Cream Man remix out on 31st August by the Dub master Jstar
- Bloom is hard at work on her solo album - 1st single coming out this Autumn
- The Womp is not a person! It's the sound the bass makes!
- We once played a gig along side Dizzee Rascal at Wembley Arena to 10,000 kids screaming the lyrics to Bom Bom at us.. that was amazing!
- We love playing gigs as a fully live band with massive brass and rhythm section
- Sam started playing trumpet when he was 8
- We never wear matching socks & Bloom wore sandles and socks way before it became cool!
- Sam once played 13 gigs at 1 festival.
- We made the Ice Cream Man video ourselves at home!
Sam and the Womp's new single Ice Cream Man is out now! Check out the music video for the track below: