Ever since her spotlight-stealing performance on ITV’s The X Factor, Lauren Murray has been a hit with those who love good music and incredible artists. Though she finished in fourth place overall, she’s somebody who’s not putting her dreams on hold, and is instead pushing ahead with her bid for success in the music industry. Now, with her whole career ahead of her, we decided to let Lauren reintroduce herself to our readers all over again! Here are 14 Things She’s Been Doing Since The X Factor!
- The first thing I did was to finally get off my mum’s sofa!
- I wanted to buy a goldfish… It didn’t happen!
- I FINALLY had a holiday in Mexico! I had always wanted to go there!
- I joined the gym… But only went twice!
- I WON the award for Best Reality TV Performance of the Year! Very happy with that!
- I become a Godmother to two beautiful little girls; Mimi and Jayda. I love them!
- Luckily, I haven’t broken any bones.
- I met some of the most amazing and inspiring people that have really kept me going and showed me so much love. My fans!
- I am also involved in a Christmas family crisis centre – this was my second year, and something I hope to continue to be a part of.
- I bought way too many pairs of trainers!
- I tried to take up guitar lessons, but it wasn’t for me!
- I started eating tomatoes. They’re quite juicy actually!
- I have a slight obsession with fries! My favourite saying is “fries never tell lies”!
- I released my first single Boss Girl, and it’s the best feeling in the world.
Singing since she was just eight-years-old, Lauren found her voice, but a family tragedy that saw her father suddenly pass away when she was 11 almost pushed her to giving up on her ambitions. She dropped out of school at the age of 13, losing all sense of enjoyment in life, as well as her confidence.
When she was 16 however, she decided to pick up a microphone once more and enrol in some singing lessons. Realising she was hooked, she went on to start gigging in pubs and clubs, honing in on her talents and finding her own personal style.
Cut to today, and Lauren has released her first single! Chatting about the song, she says: “Boss Girl to me represents strong, independent and motivated women. Nothing worth having comes easy but it’s about having the fire, hunger and determination to carry on. That’s what I live by and what in my opinion Boss Girl stands for. I know I’m not alone in this journey so I wanted a song that could connect with me and all the boss girls out there making moves and chasing their dreams.”
Lauren Murray’s debut single Boss Girl is available to stream and download now. Keep your eyes peeled for a documentary coming soon.