Safe House has climbed to the top of the U.S. box office in it's second week of release.
The Denzel Washington & Ryan Reynolds collaboration opened at number two last week, behind The Vow, but has jumped over the romance movie to claim the top spot.
The Vow, which sees Channing Tatum team up with Rachel McAdams, slipped just a single place to this week's number two.
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, which sees Nicholas Cage returns to the role of Johnny Blaze was the highest new entry at three.
This is a sequel to the 2007 movie and sees the Oscar winning actor team up with Idris Elba and Ciaran Hinds.
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island was down one at four while This Means War was the second new entry inside the top five at five.
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace fell two places this week to number two at six while Chronicle & The Woman In Black were also down two at seven and eight.
The final new entry inside the top ten this week came in the form of The Secret World of Arrietty, the latest animation project from Studio Ghibli and director Hayao Miyazaki.
The Grey was this week's biggest faller as it dropped three places to round off the top ten.
1. (2) Safe House - $24,000,000
2. (1) The Vow - $23,600,000
3. (-) Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - $22,000,000
4. (3) Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - $20,085,000
5. (-) This Means War - $17,550,000
6. (4) Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace - $7,865,000
7. (5) Chronicle - $7,500,000
8. (6) The Woman in Black - $6,645,000
9. (-) The Secret World of Arrietty - $6,400,000
10. (7) The Grey - $3,032,000
tagged in Channing Tatum Denzel Washington Ghost Rider Rachel McAdams Nicholas Cage Ryan Reynolds Hayao Miyazaki The Woman in Black Safe House The Vow Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance The Grey This Means War Chronicle Journey 2: The Mysterious Island