Mark Wahlberg has scored his first #1 movie of 2012 as Contraband topped the U.S. box office.
To protect his brother-in-law from a drug lord, a former smuggler heads to Panama to score millions of dollars in counterfeit bills.
The movie sees Wahlberg team up with Kate Beckinsale and Giovanni Ribisi and it took $24.1 million in its opening weekend.
Beauty and the Beast 3D, which come hot off the heels of the success of The Lion King 3D, was another new entry at number two.
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol fell just a single place to three as it took a further $11.5 million in the States.
But it was all about the new entry inside the top five this weekend as Joyful Noise was the third and final new movie in at number four.
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows dropped two to five while The Devil Inside, last week's number one, was the biggest faller dropping five places to six.
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked and War horse all fell three places to seven, eight and nine.
The Iron lady however was up a whopping sixteen places from twenty six to ten.
Meryl Streep is the red hot favourite to win the Best Actress Oscar, cementing that last night when she picked up the Golden Globe.
1. (-) Contraband - $24,100,000
2. (-) Beauty and the Beast (3D) - $18,490,000
3. (2) Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - $11,500,000
4. (-) Joyful Noise - $11,345,000
5. (3) Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - $8,410,000
6. (1) The Devil Inside - $7,900,000
7. (4) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - $6,800,000
8. (5) Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked - $5,800,000
9. (6) War Horse - $5,607,000
10. (26) The Iron Lady - $5,386,000