These glazed pork satay skewers are perfect for impressing your guests at a BBQ this weekend.
They’re a perfect combination of savory and sweet and will have everyone coming back for seconds!
Here’s what you’ll need and how to make them.
Glazed Pork Satay Skewers
Prep: 2h 15min
Cooking time: 10min
600g pork fillet
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
For the satay sauce -
150mL reduced fat coconut milk
2 dollops Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon red curry paste
1 tablespoon runny honey
2 teaspoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons reduced salt soy sauce
1. Cut the pork fillet into bite sized chucks, then place in a medium sized bowl, add the groundnut oil and soy sauce. Leave to marinade in the fridge for a couple of hours.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk with the curry paste and cook for a couple of minutes. Then stir in the honey, peanut butter and soy sauce.
3. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Add the mayonnaise and lime juice, and mix the satay sauce up nicely.
4. Thread the pork onto 8 medium sized skewers. Preheat a griddle pan or BBQ.
5. Cook the pork skewers on the griddle or BBQ for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the pork feels firm to the touch and there is no sign of blood.
6. Brush the pork with a little of the satay sauce and cook for a further 30 seconds on each side, or until the sauce starts to caramelise.