Get ready for a cosy night in with a delicious chicken casserole that doesn't take much effort to make.
- 1 tbsp MasterChef Cotswold Rapeseed Oil
- 850ml MasterChef Chicken Stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 850g skinless and boneless chicken thighs, 8 required
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 parsnip, halved lengthways and cut into chunks
- 3 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and diced
- 2 leeks, thickly sliced
- Flat leaf parsley to serve (optional)
Four Easy Steps
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
- Pour in the stock, add the potatoes, thyme and chicken and bring to the boil. Place the whole rosemary sprig into the pan and stir.
- Add the carrots, parsnips and leeks, and then cover the pan and leave to simmer on a low heat for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes until the chicken is tender. Remove the rosemary sprig before serving.
To serve: Spoon your Chicken Casserole into a large bowl. Garnish with flat leaf parsley and serve with fresh bread.
Also tastes great with: turkey breasts